EastSide Learning was established in 2014 to promote partnership working between schools and the community in East Belfast and to agree a strategic direction for education in this part of the city.
We are a collaborative group that includes representatives of the education sector, community sector and political sphere – all of us committed to working together to improve outcomes for our children and young people.
We have produced a Framework which we believe will help us achieve this.
The Framework outlines where we plan to concentrate our energy
- Raising aspiration and achievement – involving parents at the centre of our work
- Area based planning – ensuring that all the key interests are involved in school planning decisions from the outset
- Working in partnership to deliver positive, sustained improvements in education
- Valuing vocational education to secure better opportunities for our young people whatever their talents
- Early Years – making sure our children enter formal education confident and ready to learn
EastSide Learning website coming soon